🖥️ Google UX Design Certificate Progress
🏆 Awards & Achievements
- Designer of the Month for April, CT Chapter of the American Institute of Graphic Arts, 2021
- Spot Award for Innovation & Uncommon Initiative, Lockton, 2020
- Arthur Lee Perry Award for Worker Engagement & Activism, CT Chapter of the Working Families Party, 2018
- Excellence in Design Award, Eastern Connecticut State University, 2014
Hello, I’m Melissa Nosal
I’m a User Experience (UX) Designer with a background in graphic design and social media. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Art & Design and I’m currently enrolled in Google’s UX Design Professional Certificate program. My goal is to create enjoyable experiences that are informative, inclusive, and accessible.
I’ve worked on a variety of projects for educational institutions, local nonprofits and private companies. To get a comprehensive look at my background, please visit my LinkedIn profile or check out some portfolio samples on my Behance. I’m also a freelancer, offering design services and creative strategies to individuals, nonprofits, and small businesses. I’ve designed book covers and retail packaging for a major audiobook publisher, and dabble in designing assets for tabletop games.
When there’s not a pandemic going on, I’m usually gathered with friends around a table playing board games or chatting up other creative professionals at conventions. In the meantime, I’m listening to all sorts of podcasts and birding in my backyard.
📖 Currently Reading
- Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado-Perez
📚 Up Next
- The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
- Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days by Jake Knapp
🎧 Currently Listening
- 99% Invisible
- You’re Wrong About…
- Wireframe with Adobe
- Design Better Podcast with InVision
- Why Are Dads…
- UX Cake